Introducing LANAP to Miami!
Miami LANAP dentist Jorge L. Ramirez, D.M.D. offers Laser-Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP) at his Miami periodontics office. Dr. Ramirez has found that LANAP effectively eliminates bacteria from pockets with minimal discomfort, faster healing and recovery times, and minimal gum tissue reduction. Why remove gum tissue when you can regenerate it with LANAP in Miami?
What is LANAP Dentistry?
Laser-Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP™) is an FDA-approved protocol for laser periodontal therapy, that utilizes the Millennium MVP-7 Nd:YAG PerioLase laser for the effective treatment of periodontitis through regeneration rather than resection (removal) of tissue.
The PerioLase, used in the LANAP™ protocol, utilizes a small, flexible laser fiber tip that is roughly the width of a paperclip. When placed into the periodontal pockets, the laser energy emitted through this fiber precisely removes the unhealthy, diseased gum tissues lining the pocket, while leaving the healthy gum tissues intact. After the unhealthy gum tissues have been removed, the teeth are thoroughly cleaned and the laser is utilized at a different setting to stimulate the formation of a blood clot in the pocket. This blood clot assists with sealing the healthy gum tissues to the root surface. The LANAP protocol is a gentle, conservative, non-invasive method of treating gum disease without cutting, suturing or removing tissue. It provides an effective method to treat periodontal disease with a faster recovery that is virtually pain free.
Click the play button to see an animation video of the
Before and After LANAP™ Treatment
The following case illustrates the bone regrowth that can be observed following LANAP therapy from our Miami dental office. The first two x-rays show different views of the same area. These x-rays are unaltered and of the same patient. The only treatment provided was LANAP therapy.
|Pre-LANAP Treatment||Pre-LANAP Treatment||1 year Post-LANAP Treatment|
Steps of the LANAP™ Protocol
- A -Periodontal probe indicates excessive pocket depth.
- B - Laser light kills bacteria and removes diseased tissue.
- C - Ultrasonic scaler and special hand instruments are used to remove root surface toxins and calculus.
- D - Laser finishes the cleaning pocket and aids blood clot formation in the pocket.
- E - The blood clot encourages sealing of the gums to clean root surface so that bacteria cannot enter.
- F - Bite trauma is adjusted so the tooth does not wiggle and break down the blood clot.
- G - Healing occurs. When the seal of the gum tissues remains intact, regeneration of the bone and gum attachment can occur.
The Benefits of our Miami LANAP™ Treatment
• Fast healing - LANAP™ creates an environment that allows your body to heal itself.
• Little discomfort - Many of our patients say that they experienced only minimal discomfort, during and after Laser Periodontal Gum Surgery with LANAP™.
• Short recovery - There is no significant recovery time, so you do not need to take time off of work or other activities.
• Minimal reduction of gum tissue - There is only negligible reduction of gum tissue during treatment.
• Reduced inflammation - LANAP™ can decrease in the inflammation in your mouth.
• Elimination of bacteria - This treatment can remove the infection associated with gum disease.
• Reduce gum bleeding - LANAP™ can decrease bleeding of the gums in normal at-home teeth care and the treatment itself involves only minimal bleeding, unlike with traditional surgery.
• Decreases tooth looseness - LANAP™ can reduce the severity of the mobility with loose teeth.
In addition to the clinical benefits, the PerioLase laser treatment is also a great option for patients who have medical problems that would contraindicate the use of traditional periodontal surgical treatment modality. Patients on blood thinning medications, such as Plavix or Coumadin, do not have to discontinue the use of these drugs with this laser therapy.
These benefits make laser periodontal treatment ideal for patients who are fearful of conventional periodontal scaling and surgery. Of course, maintenance visits and good plaque control will be necessary following laser treatment.
For patients who are fearful about conventional blade surgery to treat periodontal disease, the new laser treatment can be a life-changing event. Patients are able to preserve their natural teeth, enhance their smile, and avoid the potentially life-threatening systemic effects of untreated periodontal disease.
Where to get LANAP in Miami
Dr. Ramirez is a LANAP dentist who understands your concerns about traditional periodontal treatments. If you'd prefer an effective, less invasive periodontal treatment, schedule a LANAP consultation in Miami, Florida with Dr. Ramirez.