Dental Implants may be the solution for you. If you’re missing teeth and want to replace them with something that looks and feels like your own teeth, there are lots of options out there—but none quite as good as dental implants. Dental implants are tiny titanium posts that are inserted into your jawbone by a dentist surgeon and left in place until they fuse with bone (which can sometimes take several months). They act as anchors that hold artificial teeth securely in place
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is a titanium post that is placed into your jawbone. The implant acts as an anchor for a crown, which can be made of porcelain or metal. The crown sits over the top of your tooth and mimics its look and feel so you don’t notice anything different about how you chew food or speak.
Why would you need a dental implant?
First, let’s look at the reasons why you might need a dental implant. A missing tooth can be detrimental to your oral health and appearance. The jawbone will begin to deteriorate over time if it is not used for chewing food, which results in a sunken-in appearance of the face and loss of facial volume. In addition, missing teeth may cause other problems such as:
- Pain when chewing or biting food
- Food getting stuck between remaining teeth or under the gum line
- Difficulty speaking clearly due to poor bite alignment
How do I know if I need a dental implant?
Dental implants are the most effective way of replacing missing teeth. If you have one or more missing teeth, you may be wondering if dental implants are right for you. The good news is that they can be a great option for many people over 50 years old. In fact, there are many benefits to getting them including:
- They look natural and feel comfortable
- They last forever (as long as they’re cared for properly)
- They allow you to eat all kinds of foods with ease
What are the benefits of dental implants over dentures?
- Dental implants are more stable than dentures. Because they are placed in the jawbone, they don’t move around and can provide a firm foundation for your teeth.
- Dental implants are more comfortable than dentures. You won’t have to worry about them slipping out of place or hurting your gums when you eat or speak because they’re securely anchored in place by the bone around them, which acts like natural roots for holding your teeth in place.
Dental Implants are a safe and effective way to replace missing teeth
Dental implants are a safe and effective way to replace missing teeth. They are the most successful dental procedure, with more than 70% of patients who receive them reporting they’re satisfied with their results.
Dental implants can last for decades, so long as you take good care of them by brushing regularly and visiting your dentist regularly for checkups.
Dental implants are a safe and effective way to replace missing teeth. They can be used to treat both the upper and lower jaws, as well as the palate. They can also help improve your smile by restoring lost gum tissue around the implant site so that it looks more natural than dentures would. As long as you’re in good health and have no contraindications for dental implants (such as an allergy), there’s no reason why you shouldn’t consider getting them!Talk to US About an Appointment